DefenderDepot.com sells body armor and ballistic inserts by ShotStop.
Looking for the Best Body Armor Plates?
ShotStop’s patented Duritium® technology and processes allow their advanced body armor to be thinner, lighter, and more durable than anything else on the market. Utilizing Duritium® technology often results in up to 45 percent reduction in thickness and up to 200 percent reduction in weight, compared to other body armor plates (steel, ceramic, or poly) on the market at the same protection level. This means military, law enforcement, and security personnel in the field can have the same protection level with much less bulk and weight, experiencing dramatically improved comfort and mobility.
What makes ShotStop body armor better?
Our current plate options
- Duritium III ICW (In Conjunction With) plate (15 year warranty) – Full Level III rifle protection when used in conjunction with Level IIIA soft body armor.
- Duritium III+PS plate (15 year warranty) – A light weight, multi-hit protection option for those on a careful budget
- Duritium III+PA plate (15 year warranty) – the thinnest and lightest plate at this multi-hit advanced protection level in the world.
- Duritium III+GT plate (15 year warranty) – special ultra-thin, light weight multi-hit protection option for green tip (SS109/M855) protection.
- Duritium IV+HS plate (10 year warranty) – Combining the hardness of composite alloy with the strength of Duritium® polyethylene to defeat the most powerful ammunition out there.
Armor Plate Comparison Chart
Body Armor CUTS
SAPI Cut – Rectangle with top corners cut off to allow better arm movement.
Shooters Cut – A exaggerated version of the SAPI cut removing more upper material and preferred for more comfortable weapon shouldering.
Full Size Cut – Rectangular; Usually used to cover a persons back.
Currently DefenderDepot.com offers armor plate sizes from 6″Lx6″H to 11″Lx14″H